5 Tips for Leaders Who Embrace Change

In any organization, some love and embrace change. This is an essential part of any organization’s culture. They are the ones who are always pushing boundaries and seeking new ways to approach problem areas. Change is a process, and like with all things, there will be times when it isn’t easy or without consequences. But as a leader, it’s important to understand what makes them happy and have these moments where they feel like Vikings. There are five tips for those who love and embrace change by Alexander Djerassi.

First, make sure the path is well-marked. If the path hasn’t been clearly established, it can be difficult to follow through and end on a successful note. If there wasn’t a giant sign that says “Here we go! You can walk with us now!” then leaders need to help clarify things in case anyone wants to go back. This can also be done in other areas of your business as well.

Second, roll out the benefits of change. The best leaders work tirelessly and have learned the ins and outs of the value of change – particularly when it comes to long-term goals where there aren’t short-term benefits immediately in view by changing anything, but can reward later down the line when it pays off again and again. Of course, change is only easy about 5% of the time. The other 95% require planning and dealing not just with inevitable emergencies but also surprises. Trying to force things to make getting things done easier isn’t always true for those who try it. Arrogance ends everywhere, and anger takes longer to ramp down than we think.

Third, put in the work with them and others on staff . No one likes a leader who drags them. Change creates stress as well, which can lead (and has led) some into an angry fit or what is called “The Emperor Syndrome,” where someone believes they are the only person responsible for delaying change or putting out fires or problems that arise given that they didn’t facilitate any new ways of thinking and planning along the way. Before doing anything significant, ask ten people. 

Fourth, according to entrepreneur Alexander Djerassi, don’t be afraid to consult the past. Even when experiments are made, it doesn’t necessarily mean that things will land on their marks frequently. Still, failure isn’t always a bad thing if not allowed to go unchallenged and can reveal the direction that needs a little help from beyond your immediate sphere of influence to reach it. Conversely, leaders who avoid trying things or force successful model changes down into every aspect of their business domain may lead to decreased morale.

Lastly, have a large appetite for big change and explore new models or ways of working in areas you may be burned out on. Digitalization can transform entire industries and obscure the resiliency of different ways of doing things. A larger perspective across years of reflections people can show to help uncover more effective behavior quickly. Enduring new pains shouldn’t stop us from finding solutions but bring minds together to work on them. The personality type that avoids exposing mistakes and doesn’t challenge anyone, but its profile is most at risk when deviating too quickly from experimental efforts to test their current solutions.

By Article Editor

Daniel Carlson is a journalist with a passion for covering the latest trends and developments in digital marketing. He has a deep understanding of the complexities of the digital landscape and a talent for translating technical information into accessible and informative reports. His writing is insightful and thought-provoking, providing readers with a deeper understanding of the challenges and opportunities in the ever-evolving digital marketing world. Daniel is committed to accurate and impartial reporting, delivering the news with integrity and a sense of responsibility.